Dr. Hilkka O.N. Ndjaula
- PhD (Marine Biology and Fisheries management) University of Bergen (UiB), NORWAY
- M.Phil (Marine Biology and Fisheries Management), University of Bergen (UiB), NORWAY
- M.Phil Diploma (Marine Biology and Fisheries Management), University of Bergen (UiB), NORWAY
- Postgraduate Certificate (Environmental Engineering: Sustainable management in Coastal Areas), Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT), SOUTH AFRICA
- B.Sc. (Zoology and Chemistry), University of Namibia (UNAM), NAMIBA
- Recruitment variability of marine fish species and marine ecology
- Reproductive biology and life history traits of fish
- Conservation oriented research that seeks to bridge the gap between applied and fundamental science.
- Sustainable management of natural resources and the environment
- Research to enhance the understanding of marine resources population dynamics and their benefits to the economy and well-being of the people.
- Research with focus on ecosystem health indicators from individual organisms to specific habitat and ecosystem at large.
- Looking at environmental and fisheries-induced variability in population dynamics of pelagic resources in the Benguela region.
- Currently, my research is looking at environmental and fisheries-induced variability on growth and reproduction of commercially exploited fish, its linkages to recruitment success in fish resources, through combining time-series analyses and experimental studies.